Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Another History Channel Series

If you've been reading (in which case you've probably been lurking -- come on, let me know you're out there!), you know I enjoy The History Channel. This week THC debuts another new series, "American Eats," based on the 3-4 specials they have aired in the past. Some of the things I learned from the original specials: Chef Boy-R-Dee was a real person who was once the head chef at Greenbriar, "chop suey" translates roughly as "garbage," and the guy who invented Jell-O sold the rights for a few hundred dollars -- ouch!

American Eats begins its weekly run starting this Thursday with a history of pizza. Maybe we'll find out who thought anchovies were a good idea.

Comments:
I need to watch the History Channel more often. Believe it or not, that kind of stuff really interests me. If I could find the time to watch History and the National Geographic channel more often, I probably wouldn't watch anything else. Well, I have to watch Smallville. Yes, I know. The teeny WB crowd, but I really do like it. :-)
 
Hi, Mark, here by way of Mike. I watch the History Channel occasionally, but not so much since I started blogging in January. If I did watch it, though, "American Eats" is something I would be interested in. I do watch the Food Network fairly often, and the shows on how food is made and the history behind different foods are some of the shows I like best.

Nice place you have here, I'm bookmarking your digs so I can come back and visit often. :-)
 
Hi Diane! Welcome to my little home here...always good to see a new face on the blog, or at least a new name.

Quite a busy blogger you are -- five blogs? And that assumes you don't have others on other hosts.
 
Well, Mark.....I started two blogs for my daughter with the intention of surprising her for her high school graduation. One, I forgot to put in her name and give it a new password, so it's listed under my name. Then, she found out about it and the new one I started for her, and she is just not interested in them. I'll probably just delete those soon. I started a family photo blog and ran into some technical difficulties with blogger on that one, so I'm undecided about that one right now. I do post fairly often on my recipe blog, but my main blog is Diane's Page.

And, NO, I don't have any other blogs on other hosts. I can barely keep up with the recipe blog and my main blog now. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?