Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Can you recognize a phisher?

If you're reading this, you surely have received a suspicious e-mail claiming to be from your ISP, your bank, your credit card company, etc. I often get e-mails from PayPal telling me to update my account information, even though I have never had anything to do with PayPay. One of the real mailings I received from my Internet provider includes a link to an online quiz where you can try to pick out the scams from the legitimate notices. I got 8 of 8 correct, but I still learned a few tips to protect myself. Give it a try!

Comments:
I got 6 of 8 correct. Does that mean I'm in trouble? :-) Fortunately, I have never run across a phishing scam yet. I know the basics, like do not enter any information online, especially through a link, unless it is a link that you initiated...things like that. So even though I only got 6 of 8 right, I think I'm secure. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?