Friday, June 30, 2006

 

Legislators at Work

Here we are, a month into hurricane season, and we still have lots of blue tarps from last year's hurricanes and people still living in government trailers. There isn't enough money to build more classrooms in a state with one of the highest growth rates in the nation. In some counties, there isn't affordable housing housing for even upper middle-class families. Two counties have dumped electronic voting machines because of a demonstration showing how they could be deliberately (or really, even accidentally) manipulated without leaving any evidence or any means of a recount. And insurance rates (particularly homeowners, but also for auto and other forms of coverage) are skyrocketing to the point that people are just doing without it.

But don't let anyone say that Florida's legislature is afraid to take decisive action to solve the state's problems.

Comments:
Don't grt me wrong, I like pie but come on!!!! I am sorry your goverment is so screwy, but, know yu are not alone and I hope things get better in the near future. :-)
 
Yep, your tax dollars at work, for sure. :-)
 
Personally, I prefer cake to pie, and as gourmand (I'm using the term VERY loosely), I prefer chocolate cream or blueberry. But let's face it, if you're picking a state pie for Florida, you have to go with KEY lime pie.
 
Hi, to answer your question, I lived in MT for years(years ago) and Zen reads Dave's blog and I do too now, so he told us about you. I love books and you write a lot about them and so I read you on a regular basis now. Also, I can't imagine anyone wanting to live where gators eat small children. :-)
 
Hey, I don't eat small children! Or even big ones.

Glad to have you aboard -- I took a look at your blog and recognized ZenPanda's name, so I thought you might have come over from Dave's blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?