Friday, June 09, 2006

 

New Job!

No, I did not give up on the blog after less than a week...I've just been busy starting a new job. I am now training to be a co-manager at Books-A-Million. There was actually a bit of a holdup in getting started because of my background check -- not that there was anything bad on it, the report just didn't come back right away -- and then it took a couple of days to get me into the payroll system. Fortunately, I was able to pick up work in the meantime at my old job (don't burn that bridge, if you're not a Lotto winner!). When I got home on Wednesday, there was a message asking me if I could start that afternoon, and that's why I didn't have a chance to post.

Once I'm more comfortable with both blogging and the new job, I'll see if I can post news about what's going on at the store. Meanwhile feel free to check the company website.

Comments:
It can be difficult to blog and work, depending on how many hours you work a day. I work outside, so sometimes it is so hot, I am too tired to post when I get home. For the most part, it's just from lack of anything to write about. :-)

And I KNOW about background checks. I have worked at American Airlines for 20 years, and the airport here still requires a background check every two years for Customs access. We're talking doing the paperwork 1 month in advance of your ID expiring.
 
Congrats on the new job!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?