Monday, August 14, 2006

 

It's Left-Handers Day!

OK, maybe it is almost over, but August 13 is Left-Hander's Day, first observed in 1976. As you've guessed by now, I am left-handed in most things (I throw right-handed, for reasons I can't explain, and I played drums right-handed because that's the way I was taught, and also you can't fit in with a drum line or use someone else's drum set if you play lefty). What is somewhat unusual is that both of my parents are left-handed.

While we may be an oppressed minority, there's one place lefties haven't been a minority for some time: The White House. There hasn't been a right-handed president since Carter, and with the possible exception of Dick Cheney (not sure about him), all vice-presidents during that time have also been sinistrial.

For my left handed readers, you may want to check out Anything Left-Handed. Even if you don't want to pay shipping from the UK, the site has lots of information about all things Left-Handed.

Comments:
Evil, I tell ya...EVIL!
 
No, no...YOU'RE the evil brother. And you're right-handed. Death to the oppressors!
 
No need to put yourself down by calling yourself bad names, LOL. ;-) Sinistrial, indeed! I'm a righty, and as far as I know there are no lefties in my family, even the cousins. My hubby has lots of lefties in his family, though.

Can I sell you a left-handed hammer?
 
Pharmacy Abbreviations that give techs a hard time: AS & OS ...Left Ear and Left Eye respectively because of that "sinister thing". Thanks for stopping by the other night, Good blog spot. Are you a My Spacer" also ?- Gary B.
 
No, Gary, no myspace...just this blog.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?