Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Snakes in a Bookstore

Well, my brother is now back to normal (for him, anyway) now that he has been to see "Snakes on a Plane." Check out his review.

The bookstore where I work is just two or three doors away from an 18-screen theater and we're open until 11 pm, so on the weekends we sometimes get a crowd in the cafe as people come from/go to the movies. I'm off on Friday, and I think I'm glad, because it could get pretty hectic with the expected rush of people for this movie. This happened with "Pirates of the Caribbean," and SoaP has an even bigger buzz.

We do have a feature table near the cafe of movie-related books, and even though the movie has just opened, there are already a few SoaP books in the store including the novelization and the guide book. However, I'm betting Dave is most likely to go for The Complete Quote Book, complete with lots of photos and snake facts.

Comments:
First, I'm not in the least scared of snakes, either wild or pets. Really. I'd have a snake if my hubby would let me.

Second, I don't get the appeal of the movie. It just doesn't do a thing for me. I'm not in the least bit interested in seeing it. I read David's review and if anything would change my mind about seeing it, it would be his review.

Have a good weekend, Mark. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?