Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Computers Suck

It looks like I'm in trouble -- my notebook is not booting up, and all indications point to a fried motherboard. Theoretically, I should still be OK -- I have my desktop, which is still on Windows ME, but I back up all my e-mail there, and keep it around for just this sort of thing.

However, last week the modem on that computer quit working. The rental office at my complex has a business center, which is how I'm online now, but there are certaing things I won't do on a shared computer, and besides, the business center is only open until 6 pm, so if I work in the morning I can't get here in time.

In any event, I will not be posting very frequently for a while. I may be able to reinstall the driver or replace the modem on the backup computer, but even that will take some effort, as I seem to be having a problem locating the driver. Anyone know where I can get a driver for a 3Com PCI Fax Modem V.90 & V.92?

Comments:
I am sorry to hear of your troubles, we depend on these things so much, I know I would not be happy if something happened to mine. :-(
 
Have you tried ebay?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?