Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

I Want My Tube!

Remember the old days, when MTV actually played music videos? And some of them were actually good? And then they stopped playing music, except between 3 am and 6 am, so they came up with MTV2, which was supposed to be all music, all the time. But that didn't last long, either.

But now there is The Tube, which is not available on basic cable in my area. However, one of the local channels shows about an hour of The Tube late at night...and I'm impressed. It's not all rap, boy bands, and the pop tart flavor of the month. In fact, there's a lot of good music from the pre-MTV era. Right now I'm watching "Magic Man" by Heart. Before that it was Bo Diddley playing "Who Do Ya Love?"...and -- is that Ron Wood playing guitar with him?

With more and more channels showing less and less worthwhile programming (I'm temporarily without any cable, and the only thing I'm missing is The History Channel and The Daily Show), I'm thinking I may have to spring for digital just to get The Tube.

Comments:
OMG - you actually watch The Daily Show? I'm embarrassed to be related to you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?