Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Working on Turkey Day

Yeah, I fell behind with my posting, so I'm trying to make up for it with a second post today.

Who else has to work on Thanksgiving Day, and what sort of work do you do? My hats are off to all the people who give up even part of their Turkey Day to provide essential services -- police, fire and rescue personnel, doctors and nurses, and everyone else, especially those that are spending their holiday overseas in uniform.

But I work in retail, and we are expecting very little business tomorrow. The store will be open Sunday hours (9 am to 9 pm), so we have two shifts going. I have been working on a project to hopefully bring in some institutional sales, so I am looking at the day as a chance to finish off the project with minimal distractions. The company is giving us money for food, but since there won't be many restaurants open, our options are limited. We are planning to get take-out from the Japanese place in our shopping center. (There's something to be thankful for -- Chinese and Japanese restaurants that are almost always open on Thanksgiving and Christmas!)

Needless to say I will be working on Friday, and I'm also scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. My plan is to take off early on Sunday and head to Mom's for leftover turkey. Actually, I was a day late last year, too, although for different reasons. Thursday afternoon I went to my car, and I had a flat tire. Since there was no place to get a new tire, I had to wait until Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, and if you are in the Delray Beach area, come on into Books-A-Million and say hello!

Comments:
I don't understand...were you at the store looking for a book?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?