Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

Easier Than "Where's Waldo?"

It took me a while to get around to scanning this, but here it is. This is the cover of a special issue put out by Lindy's to commemorate the BCS champions. See if you can spot the error.

There actually is an article about the Gators; in fact all of pages 94-96 are about them. I e-mailed Lindy's about this (after the game), telling them that I planned to have the magazine mounted so I could display it alongside my "Dewey Defeats Truman" edition of the Chicago Tribune, my 2004 New York Yankees World Series pennant, my George W. Bush "Mission Accomplished" banner, and my invitation to the MGM party celebrating the Best Picture Academy Award for Ishtar. (Yeah, yeah, I know -- it was Heaven's Gate, not Ishtar.)
To his credit, Lindy Davis himself wrote me back a very nice message saying that they put out the issue, which came out several weeks before the championship game was played, because Ohio State has such a large fan base and buys so much "stuff." I also heard later that some stores in Ohio were selling championship t-shirts and caps, which I'm guessing have not been selling well.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?