Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

Harper's Bizarre

I started out intending to point out the irony of the cover of the current Harper's Bazaar. Yes, that's Paris and Nicole, and if you can't read what it says by Paris' shoulder, it's a description of one of the features inside -- "689 NEW LOOKS." Quite a chuckle -- the neon orange jumpsuit look came to mind, or maybe black and white horizontal stripes. (Well, let's face it, she doesn't need vertical stripes to make her look thinner.)


Keep in mind that magazine covers are planned weeks or even months in advance, so this had to be coincidence. News magazines sometimes change the cover if a major story hits at the last minute, but it's unlikely a fashion magazine would do that.


So anyway, I go over to the magazine's website for a picture of the cover, and what do I see? Something even more priceless:



I get the impression this is actually in the magazine, which would mean it was laid out with that headline before anyone knew how prophetic this would be. I'll check it out when I go to work on Wednesday.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?