Thursday, July 26, 2007

 

Anyone for a Tag?

A couple of weeks ago I was tagged by my brother Dave for a meme. I'm supposed to list eight random facts about myself and then tag eight other bloggers, but I don't know anyone I can tag other than Dave himself. So now I'm posting the facts anyway. If you want a tag, let me know!

  1. I only have 31 teeth. No, nothing has been pulled, and I didn't get punched in the mouth, but I have only three lower incisors. It's hereditary, from my maternal grandmother. (It skips a generation.)
  2. I have a fear of revolving doors. I don't think it's a phobia because it doesn't keep me from going through, but when I do have to go through a revolving door, I get really nervous.
  3. I am a horrible packrat. I keep all sorts of things that most people wouldn't -- not bits of string, or anything like that, but my apartment is full of things I've had for years even though they aren't really valuable.
  4. I almost always have a few magazines in the bathroom. I haven't tried returning them to Brentano's, so I don't know if they are "flagged."
  5. I was born in Manhattan (Beth Israel Hospital), and since then I have visited New York many times, including Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, and Staten Island, but never Brooklyn. However, a few years ago I learned that I was conceived in Brooklyn!
  6. I am a diehard Mustang fan. I have owned six cars, and three of them were Mustangs. One of the others was a Mercury Capri, which was the Mercury version of the Mustang. If I were to win the Lotto, I would keep my current Mustang (1997), but also get one of the new ones. And maybe a '65 Fastback, too.
  7. I keep a notepad with me at all times to jot down writing ideas. Sometimes I have an idea -- a funny line, an idea for a character or situation, or a broad concept -- and in the notepad it goes. I also write down funny or unusual things that I see or overhear.
  8. For a brief period in my teens, I played golf. Well, to be more accurate, I swung at golf balls with a club. To say that I was really bad would be understatement to the point of fraud. One time I broke 100 -- but failed to repeat the feat on the back nine. Since then, Florida has passed a law making it illegal for me to be in possession of a golf club unless I am within 500 feet of a miniature windmill.

Labels:


Comments:
Rebecca deMornay has your number, buddy.

ALSO: not sure where I was conceived -- pretty sure NY, but don't know which borough.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?