Monday, October 15, 2007

 

Watch for This Car....

Below is an e-mail I sent to all of my acquaintances in South Florida. I know I'm not getting a lot of readers here, but all it takes is one person. If you find this person, please let me know.
= = = = = = = = = = =

OK, I realize the odds are slim here, but it's worth a shot.

This morning on my way to work, I was heading north on I-95 in Pompano Beach when I was hit on my left rear by another vehicle, which then continued on its way without even slowing down. I am unhurt, but my car was hit hard enough to trigger my fuel shut-off switch, so as I coasted to the side of the road, I wasn't able to get the other vehicle's license plate number. I'm also going to have to bring the car to a body shop and hope that there wasn't enough damage for the insurance company to write off car, as I am not in a position to finance another one right now.

I would appreciate it if you could keep an eye out for a Chevy Impala, probably mid-1980s model year or maybe 1990s. What really stands out is that the car is brown and tan -- I think it was basically tan (maybe yellow) with dark brown bars running the length of the car. It would likely have some damage on the front right. If you see such a car, please try to get the tag number and let me know.

The highway was pretty empty, as it was a Sunday morning, and because I wasn't looking in my rearview mirror at the time, I'm not sure how he managed to hit me. As I mentioned, he just sped off without any regard for anyone else's safety, and I'm betting he's driving around with no insurance. He might even have taken off because he needs to avoid the police for some other reason, so on the off-chance that you come across this person, you might be doing a lot more than just helping me out.

Thanks for your help with this.

Mark

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?