Sunday, November 25, 2007

 

Did He REALLY Say That?

On my way home from work tonight, I was listening to a sports show on the radio, and the topic was coaching changes in college football as this season ended. One of the changes was the firing of Bill Callahan at Nebraska, and one of the radio hosts was annoyed with Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne. He said that Osborne kept talking rather highly about himself. Fair enough, I suppose, although I haven't actually heard just what Osborne said.

However, I think the host may have stepped off the pier when he suggested that if Osborne thought he was so great, he should take the job himself and we'll see how he does.

Excuse me? Apparently 25 years as the Cornhuskers' coach isn't sufficient time to prove yourself. And just to clarify, here's what Nebraska did during those 25 years:

Osborne is also the fifth winningest coach in major college history, and has the sixth highest winning percentage.

So exactly what is it that Osborne has to prove?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?