Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Ernesto and Me

As of 8:30 pm on Tuesday...not much to report. Lots of things are closed, store shelves are empty of water, bread and canned goods, and there were long lines at the gas station, but weather-wise, it's pretty quiet -- and not the eerie quiet that settled in before Andrew in 1992. At the moment it's windy and rainy, but not even to the point that I can hear it inside. We had worse rain last week!

I'll be going to work tomorrow, assuming it's safe on the road, but I don't know yet if we'll be open. My boss will be going in for the morning since he has to check for damage anyway, and I'll be in at 2:30, open or not, so at least I won't lose pay.

Oops, it just picked up so I can hear the rain, but nothing at all scary. Updates will follow....

Comments:
Besides the crocs, yet another reason for living in the mountains and not the ocean. Hope you fair well. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?